Thursday, June 24, 2004

Hola

Ok so, I have always had a desire to maintain some sort of memoir, journal or the like, because I mean lets face it, I'm brilliant and my thoughts should be memorialized. Unfortunately along the way I have run into a few roadblocks:

My mother-she had to know everything, couldn't hide a diary from her to save my life. Realized a diary in my mother's house was a futile effort.

School-Some how writing major papers weekly lessened my zeal to write anything non-scholarly.

More school-Reading volumes of material seemed to have the same effect as paper writing.

But now, at this point in my life, with so much going on I feel the need to keep some sort of record of my thoughts and feelings. So much has changed as of late, and trying to sort out all my feelings about everything in my head has become quite cumbersome. So here I am about to spill my heart to an unknown audience. And I think I like it.

To some degree I feel like this whole blog writing thing is in keeping with my extreme vanity (being back in LA has made it much worse)...B/c honestly I could very easily cure this need to write with any $.59 notebook from Wal-Mart, but they apparently discriminate against women so who wants to support them!? Therefore, this is the only way.

I guess I should tell you a little bit about me to put it all in perspective.
I'm 23, I grew up in Rancho Cucamonga, CA, went to college in Claremont, CA and now attend law school in Virginia. Over the past two years I moved away from home for the first time, I fell in love for the first time, I had a horrible terrible emotionally and mentally scaring break up for the first time, and had Chik-fil-A for the first time.

It's been a big two years.

This time next year I will have graduated from law school, and be preparing for the bar. Which means that I will be out of school, not just on break or vacation...But done with school. I have no clue what life is like not being in school, or not anticipating being back in school. That thought coupled with taking the CA bar has me very anxious about next summer. I'm excited to graduate, but so many things have to happen by then that its all a bit nerve racking.
Que sera sera.

J

No comments: