Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Sam Cooke said...

Its one of those periods in my life where the familiar and old are having a renaissance. The status quo has changed, and while I'm not mad about it, its just something new to adjust to.

Work is super slow. I hate that, b/c since I have to account for all the time in my day, when I'm at work and not actually billing-I'm irritated that I have to be there-b/c if I'm not billing I could just as easily be shooting the ish at the house!

At a hotel in Oakland I saw Pat Riley and Shaq. Apparently the Heat were staying in my hotel. For like 2 seconds a rush of groupieness came over me..."What do I need to do to get the attention of a basketball player, right now in this hotel restaurant?" Then I remembered that I think professional athletes are whores and petri dishes of undiscovered infections, bacteria and disease. And with that the groupiness subsided. But what is it about a financially secure/rich man that is so attractive? Is it the swagger that money gives them? But all groupie predilection aside I've always had a crush on Mr. Riley (Pat, NOT Teddy), there is something about that white man...

Speaking of white men, each time I have a negative experience with the brothas I threaten to go white, (even though pink meat scares me) so I re-watched "Something New" to take notes on all the tips for being adored by a big backed white boy. Here is another question I have about this movie and others of its ilk, are black women the world over just that similar or is someone eavesdropping on me and my friends and basing characters in major motion pictures on our comments during conversations?? Every time I watch one of these upwardly mobile sistah girlfriends conversations in one of these movies, it sounds exactly like a conversation I've had with my girls at one point or another.
So really who is following me?

I think the reality is that men of all races have problems and the same is true of women...I can only work on/change me.

Speaking of me. I am obsessed with sequins. I guess this is an extension of my love for all things bedazzled. But yeah I tried on two sequined dresses this weekend that I might need a sponsor to obtain, but I must have nonetheless. So fabulous.

There is a party coming up that I am super hype about, then the cruise...lots to look forward to.

And what is it about the chilly weather that makes me feel like I should be tangled up in the sheets getting my back blown out? Oh. Sorry, just me...? I hate winter for that reason. All the other seasons I'm happily solo and content with celibacy (as "content" as I can be that is), winter rolls around and its like I'm back to week one of being off the wagon. On the wagon? I always get that confused. Any AA member wanna put themselves on blast and correct me?


"Don't feel no pity for me
Cause I'm going through a couple things,
Life means change,
That's the way it goes..." Jill Scott "Wanna Be Loved"

1 comment:

jendayi said...

Jenn!! Look up to the heavens and smile! I don't know why I said that. It was very random but, hopefully it'll be useful. HA!