Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Blown Away...

I haven't had much to say to/from/at the blog lately. I think it is because so much of what is on my mind is rather negative and kind of whiny and I just haven't felt like putting all that into the atmosphere. Ya know?

I have a tendancy to do this. I prefer to pretend that everything is ok, mostly b/c I know that sooner rather then later it will be-so what's the use in dwelling. And then after resolution I deal with whatever emotions are left over-usually none. See its a brilliant way to deal with emotions-no muss no fuss.

I miss my Virginia family. As much as I complained about being there. And Lord knows I did some complaining. I had an amazing family take me in and allow me to treat thier home as my own-I need to plan to see them sometime soon.

My bestest is coming to town. I'm hype. I love when she visits. But I always feel so bad for her, because she gets pulled in so many different directions. She has so many ppl to see in such a short period of time, family, friends, there are the obligations and the things that she would like to do, and of course the rest that she doesn't get. It seems less like a vacation and more like a schedule she has to strictly adhere to. But as is her nature she handles it all with a smile.

My mom called me the other day to tell me about a conversation she had with some mothers of some boys I knew growing up. The other moms revealed to my mom that thier sons had crushes on me during our formative/teenage/young-adult years. My mother was astounded by this, like she simply could not believe that these two could possibly like me of all ppl in the world. I was like i'm sorry should I be offended...have you not seen me? Why is this such a shock to you? She replies no I'm not shocked about someone liking you, i'm shocked about them liking you-have they not seen themselves? In what world would they ever be good enough for you? Do you remember what they looked like? She then follows that up with-I mean i'm sure they have fine spiritual qualities and that's what you should be looking for anyway, but i'm just saying! People always wonder where me and my sister get it from...good ole Jackie...we came by it naturally.

I haven't been watching enough football. Hopefully tomorrow night I'll get to watch the game.

Good night and good luck.

1 comment:

T.a.c.D said...

i think you should let it all out and say what you feel...its helpful..

aren't mother's something else...HA!