Monday, November 02, 2009

The Experiment...

So the great hair experiment of 09' came and went. And here was day one of the experiment.



This was about 2/3rds the way dry. Except for the stringy dumb front part the back curled up nicely, which it should since its only been molested by a pressing comb once in the last 7 months or so and my African roots run strong.

I braided it up that night, and it came out a little crazy in the morning, but after getting into the shower, applying more product, and doing a bit of styling this is what I ended up with.




From the side and at this point it was totally cute! Later in the day I didn't love it so much, it got a little mushroomy, the sides got flat on the bottom and left me with a look I didn't love. But it slapped up into a cute ponytail. I almost want to press it out a couple more times just to loosed up the curl a bit, but I know that in so doing I'll just be left with ridiculous straight tips. Ohhh the dilemma.

Speaking of my dilemma(s) I purchased the most important book ever the other day. It is my new personal bible, I wish it came in pocket form.




"If your face is flushed...you might have yellow fever. If your toes are discolored...you might have gangrene." I can now identify nearly all the possible obscure diseases related to any minuscule pain or discomfort I may experience. How wonderful is that!?

4 comments:

jendayi said...

i like it! natural curl is the best!

as for that book, you're going to make yourself crazier than you already are.

Anne Beeche said...

Lol at that book. I'd buy it.

Really, anything can kill you. Even living can kill you, and it works every time. :3

jendayi said...

blog something!

T.a.c.D said...

i LOVE it...yes i am all super late, but i totally dig the new look..