Wednesday, October 13, 2010

It begins..

Hey all,

Its been a minute right?! Jeez. There has been nothing too terribly new happening:

Work: Hate it. Not sure that I want to continue as a lawyer, but what the heck else will I do?

Love: Doesn't exist. I'm lonely, but happier by myself then being worried about the foolishness of someone else.

Health: I'm a hypochondriac, there is always something wrong (in my head).

Friends: I've been spending time with some of my married and newly married friends on the East Coast- for a moment made me wonder if I could have that sort of happiness if I moved there as well...Then I remembered-I don't want to live someplace that I don't want to be for the possibility of finding this mythical man, or this mythical relationship. I love LA like I love my family (really more then I love some of my family), we get along great, we support each other. We make each other happy, I can't leave her, we need each other. So while I am to some degree 'envious' (I use that word in quotes b/c it doesn't exactly express how I feel-I am elated/thrilled for them, they are all so deserving and well matched with their spouses, so I'm envious in that I'd like something similar for myself, not jealous) of what they all have, I am happy with my life and content to wait on whatever there is for me.

Wealth: Being poor sucks, I can see why I avoided it for so long.

It begins...So the title of this post relates to the new challenge that I have given myself. I am going to run a half marathon in February in Huntington Beach. And today was the first day of my pre-training-trying to get conditioned to run at least three miles without stopping. While I am super nervous about getting up to the training schedule immediately the reality is I can't run three miles right now. But I can start trying, and if I'm only up to running 9 miles by the time of the race, guess what I'll walk the rest. The point is, I will finish this race on February 6, 2011.

The other point is. I'm fat. And it is not a good look for me. When I have to put my hand under my chin(s) to cover up the extra ones in a photo its time to do something a little different. I've always wanted to be a runner, so here is my chance. I told everyone that I am going to do it, I posted a status message on FB that I was going to do it, and I've done lots of prelim research about it. I'm ready to get started.
And today I did. I was pleased with what I was able to do.

So I thought this might be a good time to get back to blogging. I need as much accountability as I can get, so I will be posting about the progress. I'm not sure if it will be daily or what, but I will be keeping you all abreast of my workouts. Pray for me.

Hope you all are well! Missed you!

3 comments:

T.a.c.D said...

just so you know and won't freak out, your toe nails WILL fall off, so good thing you are doing it in FEB...i know right how dramatic to start, but my bff did a marathon and yep her two big toe nails came off, happens from what i hear so be prepared...

NOW THAT I HAVE GOTTEN THE DRAMATICS OVER WITH

I am SO happy for you!
I have asthma so I can't be a runner but i have started working out and walking again...i too feel fat and was like enough is enough if i want to change I HAVE TO MAKE A CHANGE

i know that the running is going to do wonders for you just because you are a goal oriented person and so its going to be a great beginning of 2011

ps i live on the East coast and the mythical man nor relationship have found me, so ummmm yea

jendayi said...

Go Jenn! A marathon?! Wow! I'm ready to encourage you every step of the way dear. I'm sure it'll be a challenging road but I'm here for you if you need some yelling at. Get your upbeat, motivating, running music ready! I had no idea you've wanted to be a runner.

mia. said...

It's crazy because I check your page every time I post and nothing... then today, I was just clicking around and viola! TWO posts!!! Monday treat for me!

SO glad you're back. Very impressed by your marathon endeavor. Looking forward to reading about your future!!!

(((hugs)))

PS - do you hate being a lawyer or your firm? or the kind of law you practice?