Thursday, July 12, 2007

Unexpected pleasures...

I always mock J about her favorite show, SYTTXVBCTREDG, which is the abbreviated acronym for "So you think that you can dance while in America on a reality show for people with real viable talent"...I think that is its short title.

Aside from its insanely long title, I DVR'd it last night, and much to my surprise I LOVED IT! Most of the dances were phenomenal, I'm convinced that most of the dance couples are sleeping together (at least with the couples wherein the guy seems not yet all the way gay), I liked the introduction to songs I had never heard of, and the story lines to the dances were cute as well. The only thing I didn't like, were the non dancers: the judges...especially the woman with the enormous teeth, who screams for some reason...the host...what is her purpose, her skill, how did she get this job?

My other unexpected pleasure are movies involving Stephan Chow...well actually i've only seen two of his movies, but if these are any indication....I love this guy! The two i've seen are Kung Fu Hustle and Shaolin Soccer. I explained to my sister that essentially they are comedies in the vein of Airplane, Dodgeball...low brow silly comedies with a moral that are in Chinese (I think) and involve extensive amounts of Kung-Fu. Typically movies like dodgeball or Airplane I consider to be beneath me, something I'll watch on an airplane, at the shop, or over the home of someone i'm not comfortable enough with to tell them to turn. But these Stephan Chow movies, I want the DVDs! The addition of the subtitles and kung fu, make them genius!

1 comment:

jendayi said...

HA!!!! It's on! SYTYCD is on the MAP NOW!!!

Stephen Chow? Umm...