Monday, March 31, 2008

Also, Dating Sucks...

Yeah so I went out with Flower Guy. It was ok. Just ok.

Here are a few tips re: how to quickly piss Jennwill off on a first date.

Step 1: Be significantly late without a call or text message stating that you are running late. What is "significantly" you ask? We're meeting for essentially an hour lunch, you show up at 12:15...yeah that's significant.

Step 2: During said date talk/text excessively, without acknowledging that you were being rude. I understand having to conduct business during your lunch hour, that's not a problem. It is however a problem when in the middle of my sentence I hear you say "hello" and look up to see you answering your phone, or while I'm talking I totally lose your attention and eye contact because you are texting or responding to emails. My issue with this is, you invited me out. You called and requested my company. So now I'm here at your request, and what are you doing...you are on the phone and texting. Yeah that is irritating.

But he's not a bad dude, other then these two things it was a pretty standard first date. So when he offered to take me to the Laker game I was like sure! I could care less if he answers his phone, texts or whatever else while we're there...I'm trying to get floor seats or close to it before I die. Is that so wrong!? No.

So yeah, dating still sucks. It's all a show, a pretense. You put on your best "Flower guy" persona and I put on my best "Jennwill", which is really my normal self, just a little less sarcastic...and you say what you think I want to hear...He was very happy to say that he wanted a bunch of kids, and was shocked and appalled by me balling up my face at that comment-4 kids?? Who has 4 kids in this day and age? Who can and afford 4 kids and even if you could, why?...yeah you thought a single woman in her mid to late 20's would be pleased to hear that you want to father a small nation-HA!-not this one, and I'm sure I was supposed to say how much I love children and can't wait to be a mother etc...except I don't like kids and would rather work until my last breath then to take care of some kids. But I'm sure that typically works with other girls with my stats.

Anyhow I'll let you all know when the Laker game is! Pray for floor seats people, floor seats!

5 comments:

Vickilyn said...

You know as I read this. . .in my mind I heard EXACTLY how you would say this! Hilarious! Floor Seats!

T.a.c.D said...

dating does SUCK major monkey....(you know the rest) it is all such a fake, that's why i appreciated that mr. man was crazy off the break and has remained crazy to this day...HA!

but yes my dear, floor seats yes!

oh and i like dimplez could TOTALLY hear you and see your face as i read this...CLASSIC

jendayi said...

When's the Laker game?

mia. said...

Okay, it's official, we are the same person - I was reading some old posts: I used to ride the train, I may get picked up for downloading the latest (if ill gotten) music, and randomly talking to men for solely entertainment purposes...? Me! But when you said you hate for people to wake you up with some bull ish!!!

Of course, I do live in the City of Angels, and would die for floor seats. Enjoy the game.

Unknown said...

If a man even THINKS he's going to text while on a date with me, he also better THINK it's his last date with me. The only exception, is if his mother knows how to text (which I doubt...even though I caught my mama texting in church on Easter...hilarious).

Good luck with the Laker game. I definitely feel that. If a man acted up on our 1st date, and then enticed me with Raider tickets, I could be his boo for the day. lol