Sunday, March 23, 2008

My Weekends...

I was asked to elaborate on what became of my desire to get dressed up and be hit on by men...It went well. The end.

I kid, I kid.

My weekends have been pretty good lately. Last weekend I went to celebrate my friends new job at this bar in century city with my girl from the Lou. Lately I have been getting lots of attention from older white men. and what with my mission to meet and marry a rich man, isn't the worst thing in the world. While none of them merited my time...the thing with white guys is I always feel like their interest in me is more of a novelty or "something new" rather then genuine interest/attraction. Anyhow-the attention was both out of the ordinary and nice.

The next night I went to a house party and then a club at JAC's fav spot-Blvd 3. I love that place! The layout is awesome, the DJ was great and even the go-go dancers were impressive. Those girls were forreal, forreal dancing. My girl S and I met up with some of her law school friends, she is Indian, her best friend is this white guy, and the culb is typical LA mixed crowd. Whenever she and I go out I ALWAYS get hit on by a persian, indian, and/or white guy. It is the funniest thing, its almost like they think-well since she has a non black friend, clearly she would like non-black men. I'm not bothered by this mind you, in fact I actually rather like it-its made for some fascinating conversations. I've learned that since 9/11 its been tough on the dating game of my persian brothers here in LA. He informed me that despte his appearance he is in fact NOT a bomb making fundamentalist. That made me laugh. Anyhow we had a lovely time, I danced hard, looked cute, fun times were had by all.

This weekend was more of the same. Summer is around the corner so my outings might pick up in frequency...thankfully I am well equiped with summer dresses galore! I discovered Sarah Jessica Parker's Bitten line at Steve & Berry's everything 8.98...yeah needless to say its a GREAT line. :)

This weekend my boy Ken is throwing a party. Which gives me a perfect opportunity to look super adorable while just so happening to run into my previous mr. man..."Oh wow, fancy meeting you here...what's that you say my stunning hair, makeup, outfit and shoes...this old frock and shoes, what make up? I wake up looking like this, and yeah I guess I did change my hair since last i've seen you...dah well enjoy the party" (walks away with hard switch due to impossibly tall heels and therefore super sexy calves)...and scene.

I gave a guy my business card at the Standard Hotel rooftop bar a couple weeks ago, and he sent flowers to my office, and followed up with a phone call last week. It was the sweetest thing. So I'm having a drink with him on Thurs...I'll let you know how that goes, provided that is that I am not kidnapped and held hostage as all my guy friends are telling me is going to happen. Here's to hoping for the best!

3 comments:

jendayi said...

I was thinking about that! You being kidnapped by the flowers guy that is. What else do you know about him? Pray tell! I need information. We may need one of those guy friends to tail you during that date.

I had to think for a second what Blvd-3 was. Lol. You know how I am. I can't remember anything. But then I figured it out. Such a beautiful place! I'm glad you had a good time.

I need to come back. Do you know that I'm going to see Curt Chambers, I mean Franklin Bridge, all by myself tonight? What is that about? How come no one else understands besides you and I? LAME. But I asure you, I won't need anyone once the set starts. Maybe I'll pull a Jenn and rub up on some men before it starts.

Miss you dear!

Vickilyn said...

I just discovered Steve & Barry's also. . . good stuff homie!!! I'm like $8.98. . .BET!!!!

T.a.c.D said...

above all else, i know that you blessed them with your bedazzeled fabulousness...so its all GREAT...and you best not have me flying out to LA to put the smack down on nobody, you already know i am off the hook...LOL

and $8.98 okay checking on that in 5,4,3,2,1/....

(((HUGS)) and see you in June