Wednesday, March 04, 2009

AI: Group 3-Top 36

Hey all,

Its finally the last group of the 36, and then some complicated means of choosing three others happens this or next week. Its all very confusing. But on to the show.

Oh Von…I would like you stop screaming at me, I’d also like you to stop looking at me with those creepy overly excited eyeballs. Aww he is wearing his good church suit, with a t-shirt and tennis shoes…yeah unforch for him, while that is a real style, that is the wrong sort of suit for it. Precious, he was trying to be fashionable. I feel like Emo baby is more then enough affected singing for this competition, if Von is going to be on it too we are going to be overwhelmed with oversinging, over performing musical theatre quasi-boys. Ladies, what have we learned here? Never put your sons into musical theatre! Did you see how he reacted to being compared to Clay…he was thinking, “NO, I’m not ready to come out of the closet yet!!!!!!!! How did they know?” Did Kara talk?

Taylor-the amazon…This is a super hard song to sing…I wouldn’t recommend it. And sure enough…it’s a bit rough in the beginning. When she gets to the hook its better. This outfit is kind of a hot mess. Just way too much going on with this look. Why is she crying? How would you find out what its like to go shopping with Taylor by her singing a song?? That doesn’t make sense. Well at least she is young and can come back. Sadly she is likely going home.

Hey its Awkward Boy-Alex! I love this kid, short reps, low weight-hilarious. Oh God the dancing!! Its so terrible. But endearing. He sounds good in an odd way for some notes, but great for other notes…Dropping the mic stand only makes me love him more. I think its funny that he wants to dance so hard for such a slow melancholy song…ha. His dad is equally as dorky…so did Paula like it or not? Well Simon certainly didn’t. Well….i guess he did kinda scream it…

Arianna-she is irritatingly cute to me for some reason. She looks like Disneyland, or like she should be in the Young Ppl Ask book. Lol. This is a pretty song, but it’s a song you sing when you are already in top 12…not when you are trying to get in..b/c who will ever remember/know this song? She can sing though. Interestingly she doesn’t look as pretty tonight, and that last note made me cringe. OOOhhh it’s the toothy grin that makes me hate her….ahhh now I see.

I fear Ju’Not is about to make me mad with his song choice. Awww I like this Hey there Deliliah…oooooo this is the Plain White Tee’s song? Who are they? I thought this was an old Beatles song…lol. Oops. This song is a bit slow, plain…it doesn’t really give him the opportunity to sing his full potential, but it was calming I guess. I like him. What is this story that he is telling about Cortizone? Oh for his asthma, yeah non LA ppl have a hard time with asthma when they first get here. That brown layer of air that lives over our city, apparently isn’t good for some ppl, who would have thought!?

Kristen-The two toned girl-yeah she looks much better, like much better. It’s a cute dress for brunch or something with her mother (I wrote that before Simon said it). Yeah her performance was karoke-esq, but it proves she can sing. She is just a strange girl…

Nathaniel!!!!! My gay bestfriend! So does he take the woman’s spot or the man’s if he makes it? Funny thing, I like this Meatloaf song, mostly because I remember the video playing on VH1 in the wee hours when I was growing up. He can really sing though! He’s picked up a few pounds since last we’ve seen him, he’s not fitting into his skinny jeans quite so well….is he pregnant? Obviously I love the dancing/hopping/thigh slapping…clearly he is magic! So b/c you don’t like to look at him, he’s a bad singer?? I don’t think so….Nate 4Ever. They are spending so much time talking to him! And his grandma wasn’t that into it..lol Ok that whole sitting on Paula’s lap, giving his head band to Simon and Ryan…I think they are trying to steal my best friend and I’m pretty sure that I don’t appreciate it! They don’t love him like I do.

Felicia Barton-Who?? Wow she looks better with bangs…you did not hope that they would call you back…that doesn’t happen…lies, to cover over the fact that some chick got kicked off. It’s like she got a stylist already, she looks fab. Oh that was an ugly note there in the chorus. Hmmmm, she is making some interesting adjustments to the song, not sure I’m loving it and I’m not sure that its actually helping her.

Scott-the blind guy that refuses to wear glasses or get a haircut. Sigh. What are the parameters for mocking blind ppl? And how soft do you expect the judges to be on him? I am expecting them to dust him with baby powder and then gently critique his bare bum with feathers. Why did he get up? Does he know where the end of the stage is? Oh Lord. Please don’t (do) let there be an accident. I can barely focus on his singing for all my imagining him (not) falling….He was pretty good, but I’m pretty sure they play that song on the smooth jazz station and therefore doc’s offices, and elevators around the world, but for the threat of him falling I would have gone to sleep. Let the soft peddle critique begin…”you are so amazing, you are blind and yet you continue to live! Amazing!”…You’ll remember him b/c HE IS BLIND!!! Not Talented just BLIND. That was the most awkward High-Five ever! They are treating him like he is retarded and not blind…wait, is he also retarded?

Kendall-Her dad’s alligator dance…I would pretend not to know him. This girl knows that she looks good in yellow and has some fab clothes. But everything about her reminds me of one of those sorority trust fund W&L girls that I used to loathe. Her mom’s reflective mirrored trench coat, ay dios mio…

Jorge-The eyebrows-I like him b/c he’s from Puerto Rico! And b/c he reminds me of a young Michael Jackson…for a second I thought he switched to Spanish in the middle of the song. He sings beautifully. But this song is just one big note after another…Simon I totally agree!!! He is Spanish, of course he should sing with his accent! It is so patronizing, and xenophobic, they are going to get some angry letters about this crap. If I was Spanish I’d be pissed…Ok the crying, and the emotional Spanish speaking…and they being like, “yes monkey talk to us in your funny little language”…so condescending…white ppl I tell you!  Good thing you Rudy’s have all these black children.

Lil Rounds-Yay the hair is all one color! Yay! Love this dress. That was great! That gal can sang!

I predict-Lil, The blind guy, and Nathaniel or Jorge…

We’ll see tomorrow.

No comments: