Monday, October 15, 2007

Hellllooooo....

So i've been away for a while. Busy with work, busy in my own head and not much interested in writing or computers, or words, or punctuation after long days of law and motion.

I got drafted to participate in planning the dinner dance of the young lawyers division of the ABA, they have 50k to spend on this party. 50k that is nuts. We're thinking oscar/golden globe theme, red carpet, papparazzi, at either the beverly hilton or at one of the studios, sony, warner brothers etc...it should be a fun event, hopefully it will be nice. Its exciting to plan something with such a big budget at all these LA fab places.

Ok, TI...seriously...you thought this entire situation was a good idea huh...and BET...among the myriad of your sins...the Jena 6 boys as celebrity presenters....really...yeah thats what they need.

I had one of my first ethical decisions to make at work today. Whether to sign, with his permission, the name of an attorney to a sworn document. The signature attests to the specific attorney swearing under oath and threat of perjury that what is written is true. While he gave me his permission to sign his name...it didn't feel right, I wasn't quite comfortable doing it. In the end I filed the document with the court unsigned and he said that it is always my option whether to sign or not. I think its better this way...he won't expect me to do it in the future and I won't lose my license to practice...i need that license, I got bills yo.

I'm headed to SF on Wed gotta hit up my SF friend since he is the only person I know up there that doesn't have a job and can meet me at a moments notice. Maybe I'll shop while i'm up there....hmmmmm....

The Ghost would like to come up here to take me to dinner this week, he is on vacation.

Speaking of pressed this other dude is doing the most. "when can i see you" "call me sometime" "when you get a minute..." so irritating. If I don't call its for a reason, i'm busy or I just don't want to talk to you...leave me be!

I went out the other night for the first time in a really long time. I danced hard, drank, and generally had a good time. It was nice to be out surrounded by music around other people dancing and having a good time.

Tonight is the first night in a couple weeks that I didn't have to come home and work. I've watched Tivo, and had a delicious jack daniels and cran...its time for me to take it down for the night....

2 comments:

jendayi said...

be safe in SF with that stranger! ;-)

i was going to write a whole post about how disgusted i was with the Jena 6 boys coming up in there looking like 2 rap stars. but i've chalked it all up to stupidity. our race is a pure mess. Kat Williams wore a noose around his neck at the awards, Vick is doing crazy things with dogs, OJ is outta his mind, TI and Tiny are in jail... sigh. goodness gracious. it's seriously getting really bad right in front of my eyes. That or I'm getting old.

Vickilyn said...

SHE'S ALIVE SHE'S ALIVE!!!
Yeah the entire look of the BET Hip Hop Awards was nothing to be desired. I have just tried to overlook the stupidity of the event. I mean the Jena 6 boys, with grills, posted up. . posing for a picture. Too much Too much!
And for TI. . .no words.
Have fun in SF. . .