Sunday, May 18, 2008

Be careful what you ask for...

Men.

Sigh.

My girlfriend asked for a hot guy, great body, just someone to share her bed with, he didn't even have to talk. What she got was a very, very sexy chocolate man, great body, and dumb as a bag of rocks.

I requested a big backed, baller, charming, bossy etc. Basically all the usual things that I look for (you know since its been sooooo sucessful for me in the past) in a man. What I got was all those things, literally a back to write home about, unimaginable swagger, flossy car etc. Also, he's a stripper. Not just any stripper, but according to all the black woman that I've talked to about him, he is the Jay-z of strippers in LA. My life is hilarious. There is only one all black male strip club in LA and he is apparently the headliner at said club. Nearly every single woman that I've mentioned his name to, at the shop, my book club, friends from highschool, the ladies at the revival I went to (ok, just kidding about the last one), all of them knew EXACTLY who I was talking to at the mere mention of his name. I could just imagine going out in public on a date with this gentleman...again my life is funny. And clearly I need to be more specific with my requests.

A new restaurant opened downtown, its lovely, great food, and the owner has a back that seems to be cut out of rock. He's very nice, but i'm convinced that something has to be wrong with him. I just mean b/c of my track record it would only make sense that he has something horribly wrong with him.

Today my little brother, who for whatever reason is desperate for neices and nephews, had a showcase performance. Apparently the local chapter of the NAACP has a talent competition for kids and my little brother won first place in classical singing. Yeah you read that right, classical singing. I had no idea that he did that...I was certain that he was going to be singing some Chris Brown, maybe a little Brian McKnight if I was lucky. Anyhow, I arrive there to discover that the gentleman leading the meeting is incredibly handsome, like beautiful. My stepmom leans over to me and asks, "so you want to join the NAACP", I replied, "no I'm good". A few moments later, a second possibly even more attractive big backed man walked in and I leaned over to my stepmom and said....do you have a membership application on you? My brother then decided that dude #2 and I should start seeing each other (surprisingly the boy has good taste) and proceeded to crudely "introduce" us, and give dude the "holla at her" eyes. My little 16 yr old brother hooking me up. I couldn't pick between them, they were both articulate, smart, funny, handsome, big backed. So I just played it cool with both, and gave them both my card in case the organization could use my services...you know I am giving that way. We'll see what happens.

The exes are still hanging around. They should form a club. The sometimey club. They could have meetings to discuss ways to reenter and then abruptly leave my life. It'd be fun like a little social club.

Sigh.

Men.

4 comments:

jendayi said...

I have so many questions?! (How come my life isn't this entertaining!) Classical! What in de world!? Yeah that's question number one. Question number two is was this the stripper we met at Roscoe's? And question 3: Umm... can you email me and tell me more about the NAACP? I'm down for the cause too. j/k I love the smell of new men.

Vickilyn said...

Wow a Stripper. . .REALLY. . .For real for real! I mean . . .can you bring him to Homecoming. I mean you're already almost a UNC alum but THAT would I mean make you as popular as the BSM president back in the day! WOW!
And the NAACP. . . who knew!

Jenn Will said...

Yeah apparently Jon (my brother) has been doing classical music/operatic singing for sometime now. B/c he only calls me to request a ride/drive my car and never to invite me to any performance or the like I had no clue. And the crazy part is that he is really good!

Naw J, this is a DIFFERENT stripper, that's right, the SECOND stripper that I have nearly dated....and i don't even like strippers-how crazy is that!

I think the NAACP is trying to get young and hip (and more attractive), they were definitely the two youngest members, but the org also recently elected its youngest pres, 35, ever the other day. I just can't believe that they both are single and/or not gay. They are both too fit, and too fine not to be hooked up to someone...

T.a.c.D said...

jenn....they COULD actually be just like you and be fit and fine and just haven't come across the right jewel yet, i.e. YOU...

so since you have refined what you have asked for maybe that's why they are right on time...i am just saying, but you know my rule, just ask on the first date get it all out there and see what's what...

now on to the REAL issue at hand-girl your life is CRAZY and I LOVE IT! a STRIPPER jenn the SECOND sccripper...LMBO! too funny...me loves it