Saturday, May 24, 2008

Dagblasted Fresno...

Something about being in SF makes me feel the need to blog...maybe its the being in a new place feeling like I'm on a quick mini vacation.

Anyhow I got up at 3:30 this morning. Three-Thirty in the am...umhmm the same time that I'm often getting home is the time I had to get out of the bed this morning. Even my dog was like yeah you're on your own with all that waking up business, she looked up at me, then turned back around in her doggy bed.

I managed to get myself put together pretty quickly-due to elaborate preparation from the night before, every article of clothing laid out for me to put on, hair curled the night before, simple makeup thrown in my purse, I cannot be asked to think that time of morning. Out the house by 4 at the airport by 4:15, and sitting at my gate by 4:40. Clearly I overestimated the various lines to get into LAX for my 6am flight. So I passed the time ppl watching and talking to my parents.

After discovering that the flight is delayed, I'm chatting with the girl next to me about how I'm going to Fresno, she queries about why I didn't just fly into Fresno-"what!!?? There is an airport in Fresno, they told me I had to fly to Oakland! This is what happens when I don't do my own research." I am indignant. Then she mentions that the train I'm planning on taking to Fresno doesn't go that far. I hear her talking but she seems dingy so I'm not all that concerned, plus "they" told me that the train took them to Fresno for court just a couple weeks ago.

After the delay I arrive in Oakland at 8:10, I'm supposed to be in court in Fresno at 9am. I ask the first rent-a-cop I see at the airport whether it'll be quicker to take the train to Fresno or a cab. He looks at me and is like do you know how far Fresno is from here. I say no, but think to myself-if I knew the answer to that would I be asking you this question. He then explains while laughing at me that the train absolutely does not go to Fresno, that I couldn't have seen that online, and that I would never make it for my 9am appt. Bullocks! Being that I planned out this trip yesterday, looking online to see where the train would drop me off vs. where the courthouse was I could not fathom that I could have been so misdirected (read: wrong). So I persevered on, despite the rent-a-cops kind albeit mocking/kidnappy assertion that if he were getting off from work he'd take me on the 2 hour drive to Fresno himself, to the information counter grabbed a train map and hoped on the bus to the train-either way I had to get on the train b/c the only other plan for today was to have lunch with my girlfriend and she was in SF which is Definitely on the train route. I sit down on the bus break out the train map and sure enough no Fresno anywhere-oh crappity, crappit, crap. I break out my detailed plans that I obtained from the trusty internet yesterday and confirm-yep I'm supposed to be on Park Paseo Dr. FREMONT, CA at 9am.
Dang.
Fremont.
Lo and behold Fremont is clearly a train stop, doesn't have an airport and I'm an idiot working off of little sleep.

My colleague informed me that the train stop to court was a good little walk, the internet confirmed its about a half mile, and while granted that is walkable. I am not that kinda girl, so I call ahead to have a taxi meet me there. Besides the flight delay set me back timewise and I did not have the time or patience to be trying to hoof it. I get in the cab and tell him where I'm going in his thick middle eastern accent he informs me not so nicely that the courthouse is right on the corner...no one takes a cab to the courthouse b/c its so close...its just right there...ppl normally walk...its not a long walk...
I finally informed him-i am not ppl, the two lefts and one right turn he made indicate it is NOT on the corner, and most importantly I didn't want to walk! Sheesh. Can't a girl take a cab in peace!

I hadn't missed my case which was great, sat in court for literally hours! Finally finished that and headed back on the train to SF. This big guy sat behind me. I love the big boys don't get it twisted but I should not be able to hear you breath as if you are breathing in my ear after a long run around the block from a rabid dog and his murderous kkk owner.

Get to SF, and am standing in front of my girls job, which is apparently the only non sex shop on the street. Convenient for someone I presume. While waiting on the street for her to come down, apparently moved by all the adult toys around me I literally showed my behind to some unsuspecting little asian man. Yeah he saw my full, bare, bum. I forget that SF is not LA, a flirty little lightweight skirt will get blown over your head or up to your chest in my case...just ask the unsuspecting asian man.

We had a great lunch and I managed to keep my no-no parts to myself for the rest of the afternoon-which was no small feat.

Per usual SF was fab. Too bad I didn't get to shop. My friend and I vowed that the next time I came we would get a hotel and spend some time drinking and chillin-the girl knows me what can I say.

4 comments:

Vickilyn said...

Sounds really exciting!

T.a.c.D said...

you up at 3:30am, i even know that's no small feet! hell it ain't a small feet for me either...HA! wow! well at least you didn't miss the case...and got some good grub...

jendayi said...

LMBO! she looked dingy jenn? Lol!

Put some underwear on next time!

SinlessTouch said...

whoa, because you're surrounded by adult toys you showed your bum to an asian man. maybe its because of the stress and not the toys around you.