Tuesday, February 10, 2009

My Current Events...

In an effort to keep my blog from becoming an American Idol fansite, I figured I'd better write about somethings happening in my real life.

In the last two days I've had McDonald's and a Cinnabon. Which for those not in the know means I'm not feeling my usual chipper self. Basically when I get depressed I eat, and my go tos are mickey d's french fries and sweets. Sadly for my metabolism, these are also my old standbys for when I'm happy. So you got it...when I'm happy I eat poorly, when I'm sad I eat poorly. It's a sick sad cycle...am I the only one that used to watch Daria on MTV?

I'm coming out of my emotional rainstorm, and into a glorious new dawn. Ok that may be overstating it a bit, basically I'm increasingly less miserable then I was the day before. But that's still pretty good.

Over the weekend I saw "He's just not that into you", it was funny in parts. A little too cliched hollywood in the end, but ending a movie with "No seriously, he really is just not into you, in fact he may hate you deep down, he thinks you should die or move far away." could be a little too harsh. The main character is this chick that behaves as if she were 13 years old waiting, hoping, praying to be asked to the big dance by the handsome captain of the football team. She is so, in love with love, and boy crazy, and neurotic. I mean, there were parts of her neurosis that were familiar to me, either in myself or other women that I know, but for the most part she was so nuts! I guess it was just a lack of cynicism, she didn't immediately believe the worst about men. So weired...She hoped, and believed, forced herself to interpret all the minutiae of the men in her life into a positive despite all evidence to the contrary. Blind faith, I'd guess you call it.

My DC J believes all men are gay until proven innocent. My MD (formerly NY) JAC is a believer, a hoper, but even she has her limits. I am a cynic, I believe all men are fun/relatively honest for the initial meeting, and thereafter purport to be whatever it is they gather that you want in a man, in order to get you comfortable enough to let them hit. I'm sure there are some men that exist that don't fit into my cynical mold, but I don't know them.

Basically the movie cemented all my rationale for hating to date, and my fear that should I successfully date and marry he will inevitably behave inappropriately with some younger, perkier chippy. It reminded me why I was single, and likely will be.

In other current events news:

Why for the past two nights have I watched some long drawn out car chase through LA? When was the last time someone successfully evaded police in a car chase? Last nights chase was initially suspected to be Chris Brown, and then later DJ Khaled, interestingly the driver did in fact look like Khaled. But it wasn't him, and this guy wasn't kidding, he did end up killing himself. This economic downturn (not necessarily that this guy was suffering from it, he was being chased in his lovely white Bentley) has resulted in quite a desperate community. So desperate as to kill themselves and their loved ones. I always wonder what would have to happen in my life to make me consider ending it? I know the triggers for such behavior vary by individual, but I can't even think of what the circumstances would have to be to make me no longer value my life. I really, really like living, like a lot. It's too bad that others face obstacles that they aren't able or willing to hope, believe, have faith, or simply survive/exist through.

Rihanna and Chris Brown...so sad. Due to a scrape that my little brother (also age 19 at the time) got into over summer, I'd like to wait to hear all sides to the story before demonizing Mr. Brown. However should the reports that she was all bruised, and bitten (WTH??) up turn out to be true...it ain't looking good for C. Beezy.

Finally,let me just take a moment to emphasize how amazing my Lakers are doing. Best record in the league, killed the Cavilers win streak at home, with Kobe only marginally healthy. I'll admit I don't get intent on watching games until after the Superbowl. I am a year round fan of the Lakers, but after the Superbowl I'm all in! And this is going to be our year, I won't be broken hearted like last year, this year we got this!

1 comment:

jendayi said...

what is all this writing you've been doing?!! i can't read all this in one sitting!! warn a sista!